Friday 28th September
7pm at Housman
s Bookshop, 5 Caledonian Rd, Kings Cross, London N1 9DY
Launch of guide on abortion and its criminalization in Latin America by Margarita Rebolledo + Ni Una Menos UK followed by Q+A and open discussion.
Click here for more info and to confirm your attendance
We advise you that due to planned strike action you plan an alternative route that does not include the Picadilly line.
Sunday 7th October
Festival of Choice at Human Rights Action Centre Amnesty International, 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA
Click here for more details about the event
The programme will include:
- Project European Abortion Access: Presentation and discussion about women travelling for abortions in Europe and barriers in their own countries.
- Steps forward: from Repealing the 8th to now is time for Northern Ireland: Roundtable about the situation of campaigns in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland with speakers from Amnesty International and LIARC.
- Waves of Change: global look on the legal battles of 3 of the most prominent and current pro-choice campaigns: the cases of Poland, Argentina and Ireland with Dziewuchy London, LIARC and Ni Una Menos UK.
Workshops and talks
- Launch of Worldwide Women’s Reproductive Rights Reading Group
Exhibitions and screenings
- Screeing of Italian documentary “Lunadigas”: screening and Q&A about women who decide not to have children.
*This is a provisional programme and events scheduled for the 7th of October are subject to change.
Saturday 13th October
1.30-5pm Common House, Unit E, 5 Pundersons Gardens, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9QG
Abortion Stories: Workshop on experiences of abortion and fanzine creation:
A community building workshop inviting people who have experienced abortion to share their experiences in an intimate small group. This will then manifest into a activities of drawing, painting, collaging or writing and the final outcomes will be made into a DIY hand-bound fanzine.