Festival of Choice 2018 [special 28 September report]
The Festival of Choice is back to support the Global Day of Action for Access to Safe and Legal Abortion. This year, feminist and human rights organisations and collectives joined efforts to organise the fifth edition of the Festival of Choice in London.
From panel discussions to screenings, a booklet launch, reading groups and even a fanzine making workshop, the Festival of Choice was packed with activities to reclaim our bodily autonomy and join the pledge for reproductive justice for all.
Sunday 7th October
• Project European Abortion Access: Presentation and discussion about women travelling for abortions in Europe and barriers in their own countries.
• Steps forward: from Repealing the 8th to now is time for Northern Ireland: Roundtable about the situation of campaigns in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland with speakers from Amnesty International and LIARC.
• Waves of Change: global look on the legal battles of 3 of the most prominent and current pro-choice campaigns: the cases of Poland, Argentina and Ireland with Dziewuchy London, LIARC and Ni Una Menos UK.
Workshops and talks
• Launch of Worldwide Women’s Reproductive Rights Reading Group
Exhibitions and screenings
• Screeing of Italian documentary “Lunadigas”: screening and Q&A about women who decide not to have children.
Saturday 13th October
1.30-5pm Abortion Stories: Workshop on experiences of abortion and fanzine creation:
A community building workshop inviting people who have experienced abortion to share their experiences in an intimate small group.