Amnesty International – Solidarity Event: International Day of Action for the Decriminalisation of Abortion
Thursday, 25 September 2014 from 18:30 to 21:30 (BST)
London, United Kingdom
In solidarity with the International Day of Action for the Decriminalisation of Abortion – 28th September – and in collaboration with the Festival of Choice, Amnesty International, Central American Women’s Network, and Reproductive Health Matters invite you to a discussion on the impact of the total ban on abortion on women and girls in El Salvador and the status of access to abortion globally.
The discussion will feature a screening of Al Jazeera’s and Central American Women’s Network’s collaborative documentary ‘Life at any Price’.
- Chair: Thomas Schultz-Jagow, Senior Director, Amnesty International
- Guadalupe Marengo, Deputy Programme Director, Americas, Amnesty International, will speak on Amnesty International’s new report: the impact of the total ban on abortion on women and girls in El Salvador.
- Sarah Spiller, Al Jazeera journalist, ‘Life at any price’. El Salvador documentary
- Vicky Knox, Co-Director, Cental American Women’s Network (CAWN), will speak on CAWN’s previous campaigns and the case of the 17 women.
- Marge Berer Editor, Reproductive Health Matters, will provide an international perspective on access to abortion. (Ireland, Spain and UK)
- Cindy Cooper, Playwright, Journalist and activist, words of Choice will speak on the USA perspective on access to abortion.