Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR) is holding 8 Before The 28th: A Global South-led Twitter rally for #Sept28. This activity will be an eight-day long tweet-a-thon that focuses on the different community stories of struggle, hope and gains for the right to safe abortion access. It will also focus on demands and actions taken by global south-based organizations and advocates in demanding to keep abortions safe and legal amidst setbacks in SRHR progress and work towards #BuildingSafeSpacesForSafeAbortion be it online or offline.
Join the Twitter Rally by following and sending a DM to @WGNRR on Twitter!
- The WGNRR account (@wgnrr) will be posting one (1) prompt question everyday from Sept. 20 to Sept. 27 related to stories and demands to keep abortion safe. Co-hosts and participants will quote-retweet and discuss in their captions.
- Co-host organizations will share special content on their given day. It could be a series of social media cards, sample messages, or even a tangent event like a Twitter Space or Zoom conversation. So don’t forget to follow these amazing organizations so as not to miss any updates!
- WGNRR Twitter will be tagging all participating accounts and co-hosts. You may tag these accounts for more ideas and engagements.
- The following hashtags will be used and encouraged among participants: #SafeAbortionRegardless #BuildingSafeSpacesforSafeAbortion #SocialMediaforSafeAbortion #Sept28
- The Twitter rally everyday is expected to run for half an hour simultaneously between Asian and African participants at 3:00 p.m. East Africa Time (UTC+3), 5:30 p.m. India Standard Time (UTC+5:30), or 8:00 p.m. Philippine Standard Time (UTC+8).
- While the Twitter Rally may be over, participants are encouraged to continue tweeting any of our key messages/ material.
Be a co-host
Email email@example.com to find out how your organization can co-host a rally day!