SRHR activists in El Salvador
Campaign: “YO PONGO MI ROSTRO POR LA VIDA DE LAS MUJERES, DESPENALIZACIÓN DEL ABORTO”
(I put my face for the lives of women. Descriminalisation of abortion!)
This campaign is promoted by ARTICULACIÓN POR EL DERECHO A DECIDIR DE LAS MUJERES which consists of the following groups and organisations: Las Dignas, Colectiva Feminista para el Desarrollo Local, Católicas por el Derecho a Decidir, El Salvador, Colectiva Ixchel, Colectiva Lésbica Feminista Desclosetadas, Equipo de Respuesta Rápida, Alianza por la Salud Sexual y Reproductiva, Convención de los Derechos Sexuales y Reproductivos, Grupo Amorales Teatro, Las Mélidas.
Objective: to demand a response to the letter to the President in 2011 and to reaffirm the demands made last year.
• Press conference: demanding the response to the letter and announcement of activities dedicated to commemoration of September 28 day of action (distribution on radio and social media) Date: September 10, time: 7.30 am
• Campaign “Yo pongo mi rostro por la vida de las mujeres”. Dates: September 10 -28, 2012. Dissemination of radio programmes “15 minutes for the life of women”.
• Conversations with women in public institutions. “What is being done for the life of women?” Date: September 25, 2012
• Film and forum in Centro Cultural de Las Dignas. Film showings: “ 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days”. Date: September 13, 2012. “Revolutionari Road”, September 27, 2012
• March for Women’s Life and street theatre. Date: September 28
This activity is part of the regional September 28 campaign for Decriminalisation of Abortion in Latin America and the Caribbean